Friday, July 25, 2008

SAVED BY HIS POWER DIVINE!!

Hey guys/gals!

So this might be another long one but Im goin give God FULL glory!! So previously I told about how God told me to fast on Tuesday and I regretfully didnt. So I decided I was goin to fast on Wednesday because somethings come only by prayer and fasting. Wednesday came I had a good day. Thursday I decided to fast again..why not? It doesnt hurt to fast to get to where I need to be. So for two days Im fasting, praying reading and just feeling soooo encouraged. I wanted God to do sooo much for me. Mostly to settle me in this GREAT salvation.

Meanwhile- A friend of mine had recently gotten promoted and she needed to go shopping for a new suit. Thursday morning she asked me if I would go with her after work to help her shop. I really didnt want to go. I had something that I wanted to take care of and I considered telling her to go ahead without. Work came and went and we headed out to her apartment to pick up somethings before heading to the mall. Now, going to the mall around 5pm after a day of fasting aint exactly the smartest thing to do so i asked her if we could hang out at her place until 6pm...wait...let me rewind...

Two days prior Lena, I and a two others went out for lunch/dinner and ended up at CHEERS. Now before I got saved as soon as I got in the restaurant I was checking out the drink menu and CHEERS just so happen to have what I consdiered to be one of my favorite drinks. When I got there the devil tried to get me with that...well your newly saved so technically you can drink it and be alright afterall you want a fresh experience with God and yeah you were taught that drinking is wrong but why dont you just let God tell you personally...NO GOOD DEVIL! I ordered a juice and MAN Talk about some good juice!! lol ....ok now back to the original story...

So we're walking to Lena's apartment and she tells me how she went to church one Sunday and how the preacher was talking about the Prodigal Son. Talk about the story of me! Man, just talking about that story just gave me an increase! We talked for hours about salvation and God's grace and mercy. I told stories, she told stories and we talked...before I knew it it was passed 6pm but my mind wasnt on eating. I was praying, Lord, you know if she's serious about living right and Lord if so speak to her, help her to let whatever she's holding on to go. She told me how she noticed two days prior that I didnt order a drink. ( I didnt know she was paying attention) We talked more and then her phone rung...Instantly I knew the devil was working. I again starting praying, Lord dont let the devil take this away from her. She ended the call and she picked up right where we left off. Ya'll God had his way. Lena had told me before that she wanted to be saved. She was searching for more than calling yourself saved and feeling good at church on Sunday morning only to end up at a bar Sunday night. She wanted to be a completely different person. ...shorting the story...I called my dad and he prayed with her and Lena got saved!!

SERIOUSLY!!! NOW YA'LL I THOUGHT I WAS FASTING FOR ME AND MY SITUATION BUT I WAS BEFORE GOD JUST FOR LENA. At the jubilee Pastor D. Lloyd said that you need a soul to get saved thru your life to stay saved. MAN! it added soooo much joy to my soul and even more fuel to the fire.

GOD IS TOOOOOOOO GOOD!! So I'm going to ask ya'll to continue praying for me...as well as Lena. That we stay saved and encouraged. Also, with my situation, I'm trustin God completely and as the song says, I'm happy in the Lord today and it really doesnt matter what comes my way today Im going to wear a smile hold my head uo high and say, Im happy in the lord anyway!!


LUV YA'LL BUNCHES!!!

2 comments:

bellemj said...

that's sooo good. luv ya. ;)

Elizabeth said...

That is so encouraging girl!! Awesome!